I’m certainly the furthest from being the life of the party when it comes to working out. In fact, it typically takes a lot of motivation to get myself moving past my couch. I’d rather spend my nights binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. But the truth is my body needs that self care. So, I do go to the gym from time to time.
At the end of this article, I’ve included a podcast I recorded with the full details of what recently brought me to Orange Theory. I have to say I had a lot of thoughts running through my head surrounded by beautiful bodies to my left and my right. I wrote a few below that you may be able to relate to yourself.
- Welp, everyone’s way skinnier than me.
- Great, a guy coach. Eesh, hopefully he doesn’t notice me too much.
- I have to go to the bathroom again. My anxiety’s through the roof.
- I’ll just saunter into the corner over here.
- This sucks so bad, this sucks so bad. Ugh, why is this so hard?
- Wonder if they’d notice if I just walked out of the class. Bet they’d say something.
- Okay, I can do this. Just gonna pace myself.
- Dang, everyone else makes this look easy.
- Bet I’m being completely stereotypical right now being overweight and so slow.
- Yes, moving on to something new.
- Crap he’s coming over here, got to work harder until he walks away again.
- Whoop! He noticed I’m working these jiggles hard!
- Mmk, I’m so over this. Is this class almost over.
- Um, I literally can’t walk anymore.
- Okay, last activity. I can do this.
- No I can’t this sucks!
- Bet they’re thinking I’m a lazy fat girl.
- Gotta at least fake it till I make it.
- Of course I would get the machine that’s faulty.
- Geez, how long is this class?
- I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe.
- He said one more minute. Hallelujah!
- What? He meant one more minute of going all out. How many more minutes until it’s one more minute?
- Yay! I did it!
- My legs are shaking uncontrollably. Can I make it to the car? Am I going to be able to drive?
Take a listen to the full story here and don’t forget to share your own gym related thoughts in the comments section.